Student Entrepreneurs: Build Mobile Apps For Free This Summer
There is no better time to start a company than in college.
College is a great place to start your venture as you have lots of free time, access to a large pool of human capital and your school can provide much-needed support. So this summer, Bizness Apps is once again offering access to build mobile apps for free until September 1st 2017.
As a product of Chico State’s Entrepreneurship program, Bizness Apps values the young entrepreneurial spirit more than most companies. Andrew Gazdecki founded the mobile app platform at 21, recruiting fellow Chico State students and raising an angel round of funding from a few investors, including Build.com CEO and Chico alum Christian Friedland. In 2010, Bizness Apps relocated to the San Francisco Bay Area, where it quickly bootstrapped itself and grew into the world’s leading mobile app platform for small businesses.
“Since I started my company in college, there’s nothing more rewarding than giving back to other student entrepreneurs who have great ideas but don’t know where to start. With the Bizness Apps platform, students can create their app ideas without any programming knowledge and start bringing their business to fruition,” said Gazdecki.
Today, Bizness Apps is a global enterprise with millions in annual revenue. Gazdecki credits much of his success to being able to start his company in college, and he hopes to inspire similar stories through his work with university entrepreneurship programs—that’s why Bizness Apps is offering free access to its app builder for college students interested in mobile app development who may lack coding experience. This is an incredible opportunity for young entrepreneurs to build a product, pitch a business plan, and seek out investors and co-founders with zero overhead.
What students get:
- Free access to the Bizness Apps platform
- Free Apple & Google Developer account hosting
- Free access to app-building and marketing resources
- Free, 24/7 email support
What students can accomplish:
- Build & sell a mobile app to a local small business
- Finally get started on your mobile app idea
- Learn about mobile app development & entrepreneurship
Useful information about Bizness Apps:
- Want to learn a little bit more about Bizness Apps? Click Here.
- How does Bizness Apps work? Click Here.
- How can you learn more about mobile marketing? Click Here.
How to get started:
- Sign up for a free app maker account here with your .edu email address.
- Check your email. You’ll receive a confirmation that asks you to complete your registration.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your app code and we will give you a free app credit. This will allow you to publish it to the App Store.
- From the confirmation page, you’ll fill out some basic info about your app:
- App Name
- App Icon Name (this appears below the icon on the device screen)
- App Code (the unique identifier you’ll use to preview your app)
- Choose your app’s style and layout.
- From here you’ll be taken to the app builder, where you can dive into the features, design, and more.
- When you’re ready to launch your app, check out the single app client resources!
“For a lot of students looking to create a start-up in college, the number one hurdle is just getting started because starting a business isn’t easy. It takes time, it takes programming skills, and for a lot of students this is a huge road block. With the Bizness Apps platform we hope to encourage student entrepreneurs to build out their MVP of their mobile app ideas to help them pitch investors, demonstrate their ideas at business competitions on campus, and help find technical co-founders to accelerate their startup” said Gazdecki.
Happy app building student entrepreneurs! This offer ends September 1st 2017.